30 March 2012

A-Ha: "Take On Me"




this was playing on the radio
we were sitting in the driveway

...

We're talking away
I don't know what
I'm to say I'll say it anyway
Today's another day to find you
Shying away
I'll be coming for your love, OK?

Take on me, take me on
I'll be gone
In a day or two

So needless to say
I'm odds and ends
But that's me stumbling away
Slowly learning that life is OK.
Say after me
It's no better to be safe than sorry

Take on me, take me on
I'll be gone
In a day or two

Oh the things that you say
Is it life or
Just a play my worries away
You're all the things I've got to
remember
You're shying away
I'll be coming for you anyway

Take on me, take me on
I'll be gone
In a day or two

...

i still don't really get it
so i tried to figure out what other people
thought this song meant…

one person said: "this song is about the responsibility
of entering a relationship in some form"

another said: "Reminds me of that golden age of
music and videos
when this song came out.
Also someone I left behind when I

moved back home. Of course, I promised to write
to her and
of course, it never happened - and when
I made it back almost
a year later,
she was long gone. Funny how life can make even

the most optimistic among us want to cry sometimes.
Strangely, I didn't realize just how
great this song was
until years later!"

he, he-who-must-not-be-named, said:
"I can't believe this is playing right now…"

i was thinking:
you'll be gone, you'll be gone, you'll be gone
he'll be gone, he's gone

what do you think?

what does a-ha think?
check out a-ha's website, maybe we'll find out
download this not so great radio recording
for free, of "take on me"
and if you're moved,
buy the album "hunting high and low"


No comments:

Post a Comment