07 February 2010

Dirty Projectors: "Depression"


disclaimer: not one of the usual in love,
peppy, dancey, freelurving picks.

but everything can't be perfect all
the
time, so sometimes you need
one like this.

...
Right here
All by myself

I ain't got nobody else
The situation

The situation is bleeding me there's no relief


Depression
, Depression
Depression is gonna kill me tonight.

Depression
, Depression
Depression is gonna kill me tonight.


I ain't got no friends to call my own

I just sit there all alone

There's no girls, there's no girls, there's no girls

that wanna touch me, get away
I don't need your fucking sympathy
Depression is gonna kill me tonight.


Depression
, Depression
Depression is gonna kill me tonight.

Depression
, Depression
Depression gonna kill me...

Everybody just get away

I'm gonna boil over inside

They say

They say things

They say things are gonna get better

All I know is they fucking better

Depression is gonna kill me tonight...
...

here's a track to get your point
across
if i've ever heard one...

not that this reflects how i
am
currently feeling, i will say that,
at times,
when i'm in a really bad mood,
horribly low,
it feels good to wallow in it
for a minute
or maybe 2 minutes and 40 seconds
and commiserate with a really wretched song.


and, if you feel the need to let someone else,

maybe a specific someone else, know how they
are
making you feel, what better way to start
the
fuck you mix, the you broke my heart mix,
the why won't you pay attention to me mix?

back in my back woods boarding school days,
yes i went to boarding school, i remember
being
totally enveloped in confusion over
this one
boy from home who i thought
i was
in neverending lurve with and he just
continuously fucked with my head. and, because
i was only 14, it seemed like the
most important
thing in the world and
triggered many nights
of me sobbing in my room,
blasting 88 fingers louie
"i hate myself"
over and over. after a few repeats
i usually
felt better. twisted? whatever,
it worked for me.


dirty projector's website

download depression

No comments:

Post a Comment