18 February 2010

MSTRKRFT: "Heartbreaker"



first it was easy love,
now it's heartbreaker.
promise there will be an uplifting track tomorrow.

...


Remember when I caught your eye
you gave me rainbows and butterflies
we did enjoy our happiness
when our love was over
I was such a mess
I smiled at you
and you smiled back
that's when I knew, there's no turning back
you said you loved me, and I did too
now though it's over, I still love you

you're in my mind
you're in my heart
I wish I knew right from the start
all my friends said you'd break my heart

A heartbreaker right from the start

I tried to fight it
I tried so hard

and every day,
I pray to god
that you and me were meant to be

but you had another
, you had a lover

And now it's gone, I don't know why
I feel like crying, just want to die
I can't look at you, and you know why
no, I tried so hard, to catch your eye

you're in my mind
you're in my heart
I wish I knew right from the start

all my friends said you'd break my heart

A heartbreaker right from the start
[repeat]

...

if this song was playing in the car
nine years ago, i would be saying,
"why did he say he loved me?"
"why was i so stupid to think
he and i could actuually be together?"
"why did i risk friendships for
that one stupid kiss in the hall?"
and lastly, the one that lingered the
longest, "why do i feel so horrible?"

i felt so horrible because it was
the first time i had been in love...
whether what i felt then would be
considered love in my mind today,
i really can't even say. but, it was
the most wonderful and harshest thing
i'd ever felt, usually all at once.

on top of that, i was so young that
boys, my friends, and yeah... boys and
my friends were the two most important things
to me, at the center of my universe,
always on my mind, affecting every decision
i made. so when you told me you didn't
ever love me, that you had always loved her,
and didn't want to see me anymore,
well that was devastating. and when you
later said you wanted me back, i couldn't
have said yes faster, only to be crushed again.
and when you continued to call,
i knew i shouldn't, but i kept listening.
you were one of the hardest people
not to talk to. eventually, i stopped though.
i said never again. no more neverending there.
i haven't forgotten though.

mstrkrft's website
buy "heartbreaker"

No comments:

Post a Comment