13 March 2010

Yeasayer: "Red Cave"


I went out past the willow and the well
caught my breath upon the hill

at the edge of the domain
and I went down
and further down

and when I got up,

I'm at the red cave


and with that sound

as if I had been put under a spell

she led me to her abode

despite a winter's day


Mary's house in the hollow of the

white hazel rapid whirlpool

and the church of red cave


I'm so blessed to
have spent that time
with my family and the friends
I love with my short life I have met
so many people I deeply care for

[repeat]
...
so this is what we do with
a
sentimental heart...
someone should let
zooey deschanel
and m. ward in on
this gem of wisdom.

i am most definitely blessed to have

spent all the time with my family and
amazing friends, and especially
the many
random people i have met and
shared brief
moments in strange times
and distant places with.

like the boy from australia that i met
on the bus on the way home from nyc
on
that very cold and windy day and ended
up actually going out with later that week.

or the boy i met at the bus stop in denver
with nowhere to sit and nowhere to find solace

from the hot, hot sun or dust blowing on

my face from the bustling interstate
just
a stone's throw away.

or neverending boy, that i am still
reminded
of by random glimpses of my freelurving
favorite,
"dreams", and other otherwise
insignificant
details of my travels.

great great car song. repeated many times

in mine. makes you want to go places,
but reminds you of the people that really
matter most in your life.
being somewhat of
a gypsy, i know
home is where the heart is,
but
these chance meetings are one of
the
main things that keep me moving.

yeasayer's website
download "red cave"

No comments:

Post a Comment